Terms of Service
Intellidemia reserves the right to update and change the Terms of Service from time to time and without notice. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, including the release of new tools and resources, shall be subject to the Terms of Service. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Violation of any of these agreements will result in the termination of your account ("Account"). You agree to use the Service at your own risk and understand that Intellidemia cannot be and is not responsible for any information or data posted by users ("Content") posted on the Service and you nonetheless may be exposed to such Content.
This Service provides users with online access to course information, such as the syllabus, as well as acting as a communications medium to facilitate interaction between users. The users determine the scope and nature of the information to make available to other users through the Service.
- You must be 13 years or older to use this Service.
- If a child is under the age of 13, a parent or legal guardian MUST sign up for an Account under the parent's name. Any personal information identified with the student (such as: email address, first and last name) that we collect is therefore collected from the Parent or Legal Guardian.
- You must provide a valid email address, password, and any other information requested in order to complete the sign up process.
- You must be a human. Accounts registered by "bots" or other automated methods are not permitted.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your Account and password. Intellidemia cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for all Content posted and activity that occurs under your Account.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws in your jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You agree to receive periodic emails from Intellidemia announcing new features, upgrades, or important announcements about the Service.
Intellidemia, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your Account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other Intellidemia service, for any reason and at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. Intellidemia reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service
- Intellidemia reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Intellidemia shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Property Rights, Copyright, and Content Ownership
All materials on and available through the Service, including the design, graphics, images, pictures, text, information, scripts, and other files are the proprietary property of Intellidemia, its users, and its licensors with all rights reserved. Intellidemia hereby grants you a limited, revocable license to reproduce and display the materials from the Service solely for your personal use in connection with accessing and using the Service.
By accessing and sharing information you represent and warrant that (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the Service, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the Service does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other rights of any person or enterprise. You further represent that the Content you post on or through the Service is (i) your own unique presentation, organization, and interpretation of commonly available facts and, (ii) not a verbatim transcription of material written by any university employee or representative and, (iii) otherwise free from copyright or posted with express written permission from the legal copyright owner. By using and accessing the Service, you are agreeing to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owned to any person or enterprise by any reason of your Content posted on or through the Service.
Intellidemia does not claim ownership to any Content posted on the Service. As the legal owner of the Content you post on the Service, you will retain all ownership rights to your content and you can continue to use your Content in any way that you choose. However, if you set your Content to be shared, you agree to allow anyone to view and share your Content. By displaying, publishing, or posting any Content on or through the Service, you grant Intellidemia a limited license to use, reproduce, publicly display, and distribute the Content solely on and through the Service.
The Service contains materials original to Intellidemia as well as Content posted by users and other company licensors. Intellidemia does not pre-screen Content, but Intellidemia and its designees have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to refuse or remove any Content that is available via the Service. Except for Content posted by you, or with rights provided by other users, you may not modify, translate, publish, broadcast, transmit, distribute, perform, publically display, or resell any Content appearing on the Service. By accessing and using the Service, you agree that monetary damages may be inadequate to compensate Intellidemia for any breach or prospective breach in the preceding sentence. You agree and acknowledge that Intellidemia shall be entitled to equitable relief for any such breach or prospective breach.
- Your use of the Service is at your sole risk. The service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
- Technical support is only available via email.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Intellidemia, or any other Intellidemia service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission by Intellidemia.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and Accounts linked to Content that we determine in our sole discretion are unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or violates any party's intellectual property or these Terms of Service.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Intellidemia customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate Account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMS, or "spam"" messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- If your bandwidth usage significantly exceeds the average bandwidth usage (as determined solely by Intellidemia) of other users, we reserve the right to immediately disable your Account or throttle your Account until you can reduce your bandwidth consumption.
- Intellidemia does not warrant that (i) the service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- You expressly understand and agree that Intellidemia shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if Intellidemia has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information, or services purchased or obtained, or messages received, or transactions entered into, through, or from the service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the service; (v) termination of your Account; or (vi) any other matter relating to the service.
- The failure of Intellidemia to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. The Terms of Service constitutes the entire agreement between you and Intellidemia and govern your use of the Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and Intellidemia (including, but not limited to, any prior versions of the Terms of Service).
- You agree to hold harmless and indemnify Intellidemia, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, and employees from and against any third party claim arising from or in any way related to your use of the Service, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigation costs and attorneys' fees, of every kind and nature. In such a case, Intellidemia will provide you with written notice of such claim, suit, or action.
- These Terms of Service will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to its conflict of laws provisions or your actual state or country of residence. Any claims, legal proceeding, or litigation arising in connection with the Service will be brought solely in Rensselaer County, New York, and you consent to the jurisdiction of such courts.
We reserve the right to change the Terms of Service at any time and without notice. Any such change will be effective immediately upon posting. Your continued use of the Site following any changes to the Terms of Service will be deemed to constitute your acceptance of such changes. Please check this page regularly for any changes. Unless stated otherwise, the Terms of Service applies to all Service use and Content.
Last modified: March 27th, 2012
If you have any questions about this Terms of Service agreement, or your dealings with this Service, you can contact us through our support desk.